A Classic Chevrolet from the Reggie Jackson Collection is for sale
Reggie Jackson has decided to start divesting himself of much of his classic car collection. He will offer 15 cars for sale at the Mecum Auction this Friday and Saturday at the Hyatt Regency and Spa in Monterey (10 a.m.-5 p.m.). Admission and parking are free.
Perhaps the most valuable is a 1969 ZL-1 Camaro that is believed to be just one of six of its kind with the original engine.
“The base price of the car was about $2,000 at the time,” he said. “The engine option was $4,100 — twice the value of the car. Now they’re worth from $500,000 to $1 million, depending on the originality.” There’s no guarantee Reggie will get that much, or even that any of his cars will be sold.
Reggie Jackson’s 1969 ZL1 Camaro for sale
- – 427 CI aluminum engine 1 of 69 built, this is car # 51, originally owned by Lamar Walden
- – Original raced engine in the car
- – Documented by Lamar Walden with the original engine rebuilt in Doroville, Georgia in his shop by his son Ron Walden and Reggie Jackson with the supervision of Lamar Walden in 2007
- – Documented pictures of actual rebuild of the engine by Chevy magazine, writer and photographer Steve Anderson
- – 1 of 5 or 6 known with original engine